Sunday, March 6, 2011

sleepy day

Today I got up and went to work! Although it wasn't that bad :) I had to take 6 kids to an educational competition, and I got to lead a math tournament. It was really fun, I wasn't stressed at all, and the kiddos had a great time. And, there was a really great showing of kids from other clubs, so that was good.

I came home, and after catching up on the latest new on facebook, I settled back into bed with my book. I read for an hour (or maybe it was 30 minutes) and then fell back asleep. Glorious :) I know, I know, it was a beautiful day, but I felt like I could squander it a little since I'll be experiencing Hawaii in the next couple of days. I woke up, made dinner (pepperoni salad...inventive I know ;) ), and then I had some reflective time. It was really nice, and although I won't go into all of it, let's just say that life changes other than weight are going into effect and I'm pretty ready for those things to happen.

Anyway, I did yoga! Woohoo! That's another day of exercise--12 in a row actually :) I'm pretty proud of that :)  I don't know if or when I'll incorporate rest days in there (I know I want to finish at least 1 month of working out every day), but I know my body will enjoy a rest. I guess once I start running again as exercise that'll trigger the rest days. We will see when I get there. Right now, I focused on the here and now and this goal :)

"Instead of depending on others to help you be successful with your diet, make a commitment that you will protect your program at all costs." 100 days of weight loss

Today the book talked about readying yourself for tempting situations, and appropriate responses to people offering you food. I think a simple "no thanks" is fine, but the author suggested saying "not just yet, I'm going to wait a little while" and then just not eat what they offer. I'm of the mindset that a little bit of a something worthwhile, unique, and delicious is fine. I'm just going to be picky about what I eat. An oreo? no thanks. A homemade oatmeal chocolate cookie? Ok, I'll split one...or even have one of my own. I dunno, it just works for me.

She also talked about knowing when trigger points are for you--mine is the weekend, especially chill, low key weekends. When I have stuff planned, I eat less. When I have a lazy day in front of me, I snack, snack, snack. I've been working on eating only when I'm hungry, and saying no to sweets in general. I find they cause me to want to eat more, so I try to stay away. Usually, popsicles and low fat ice cream sandwiches would disappear in a week. My popsicles have survived 2 weeks and counting :) I'm proud of that. That I've gone from grabbing a popsicle whenever I had the inclination, to asking myself 'do I really need that?" to not even thinking about it half the time. Ah habits. Gotta love em :)

Chapter 6 of Matthew is pretty much about worry about what other people think. Mostly doing things so other people will think you're awesome, example in the Bible are--giving, praying, fasting. Jesus said to do these things not for others to see. Which, for some people negates the whole reason for doing them because what else is there but praise from others and people thinking you're pretty damn holy and cool? Believe me I've been there. He basically says if you do it for others and their praise, you get your rewards right then. But if you do it because it's just right to do, and don't make a show of it, you will get much more in the way of rewards from God. Which, of course rewards aren't the point but there ya go.

And in the end there's that section on worrying about food, water, clothing, shelter, and how we should worry about those either. Because guess what? God provides. He always has and always will. Me planning and working and being smart about finances? That's fine. Me being wrapped up in money an obsessing about the future and spending every minute consumed with what's going to happen next...a little much. His suggestion? Focus on him. Seek him. Forgive, love, give, pray. And everything else that you need, that we needlessly worry about, will be given and provided. God is faithful, and good, and just. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment