Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I'm Baaaaaack

Ok, so I'm back. With a realization, which is, I can't do this on my own. Last year when I embarked on this journey, it was a mutual journey of faith, trust, and asking God to help me with my weight loss. And looking back, he totally did. I'm not saying that I haven't been as successful this year because I haven't asked for help but, I'm kinda saying that. Because guess what? He's helped me with EVERYTHING that I'm asked him to help me with. He's provided me with EVERYTHING that I've needed. So, I'm back. With a renewed sense of who I am, where my focus is, and knowing that I have someone to back me and help me in every single way (people and faithwise :) )

So I'm starting on Day 11 of the 100 days of weight loss, because, well, it's a good refresher. Today the book talked about eating should be reserved for 2 things: fueling your body, and appreciating flavors. Anything other than that is generally eating your feelings. It talks about choosing the right fuel, and how regular fueling (5-6 times a day) is better for your body. I kinda like to think of it as, well, real fuel. Your car runs so much better, and gets better gas mileage, when you gas it up regularly and don't let it get lower than 1/4 of a tank. Same thing with your body--keeping it hydrated, and sufficiently fueled helps your body go a longer way. One thing that I know I need to work on is finding flavor outside of salt and artificial stuff. I want to learn more about spices and herbs and how to to make things taste amazing.

Ok, I'm off to do Jillian Michaels. I need to get my butt in gear for this 10k!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment